Rural Health Network is a 501 (c) 3 not-for-profit organization and depends upon grants and contributions from the community. We are supported by the local county government, the State of Florida, the federal government, local foundations, community contributions and by patient fees. Patient fees are offered on a sliding fee scale bases, known as a “Fair Share” clinic. All discounted health care charges requires documented proof of income. See “services tab” for details.
We are a Monroe County based entity, with 100% Monroe County employees, and a 100% Monroe County Board of Directors (that represent the entire Florida Keys, from Key Largo to Key West), and funded in large part by Monroe County tax dollars. Rural Health Network has been here to serve the citizens of Monroe County for the past 19 years, with direct care services over the past twelve years.
Provide leadership and guidance, through joint alliances and partnerships with healthcare entities and professionals in Monroe County, leading to patient outcomes that exceed their expectations and satisfaction.
- Employees: A recognized employer of choice in Monroe County.
- Quality: Be the quality and efficiency standard; while delivering safe, effective patient care and follow-up.
- Service: The standard bearer for the highest value health and wellness services in Monroe County, reflecting our community’s values and standards.
- Finance: Fiscal stewardship of the funds entrusted to us to help others.
- Monitoring: Continual review and management of all operational activities to improve performance, outcomes and the efficient delivery of services.
- Cooperation- Between staff and patient, as well as clinical specialties and professions.
- Integrity – Honesty, fairness and self-scrutiny in everything we do, as the ideal means to protect overall safety, as well as assure confidentiality and privacy.
- Trust – Honest and open communication with patients and among staff.
- Teamwork – Recognize the contributions of all and the sacrifices made for the benefit of the patient so as to enhance the overall health of Monroe County and to work in cooperation with other organizations to protect our vulnerable populations.
- Compassion – Caring of our neighbors ends our day on a good note.