The Rural Health Network of Monroe County, Florida, Inc., is a community-based, non-for-profit organization that operates a comprehensive, culturally competent, high-quality health care center in the Lower Keys. In addition to providing primary health care, it operates a dental clinic and integrates access to pharmacy, mental health, substance abuse services.
The Rural Health Network offers care to all members of the community regardless of their ability to pay. That is fees are charged on a sliding scale based on the patients’ ability to pay for care – with no fees for the neediest in community and affordable payments for others. We accept Medicare, Medicaid, and most health insurance.
To provide these services, the Rural Health Network is supported by generous grants from the Health Resources & Services Administration (known as HRSA) in the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- Employees: A recognized employer of choice in Monroe County.
- Quality: Be the quality and efficiency standard; while delivering safe, effective patient care and follow-up.
- Service: The standard bearer for the highest value health and wellness services in Monroe County, reflecting our community’s values and standards.
- Finance: Fiscal stewardship of the funds entrusted to us to help others.
- Monitoring: Continual review and management of all operational activities to improve performance, outcomes and the efficient delivery of services.
- Cooperation- Between staff and patient, as well as clinical specialties and professions.
- Integrity – Honesty, fairness and self-scrutiny in everything we do, as the ideal means to protect overall safety, as well as assure confidentiality and privacy.
- Trust – Honest and open communication with patients and among staff.
- Teamwork – Recognize the contributions of all and the sacrifices made for the benefit of the patient so as to enhance the overall health of Monroe County and to work in cooperation with other organizations to protect our vulnerable populations.
- Compassion – Caring of our neighbors ends our day on a good note.